Refugee students in Years 7-12 are provided with targeted assistance and support to ensure there social and academic needs have been met.
Refugee support at Bankstown Girls High School involves:
- orientation information to assist with transition into high school
- develop their English language and literacy skills
- develop curriculum concepts and skills appropriate to year levels, including ICT skills
- develop study and learning skills
- develop an understanding of available education and vocational pathways and make decisions regarding appropriate pathways
- develop awareness of school and workplace cultures and expectations in the Australian context.
Refugee students are supported and informed of various scholarship opportunities as wells as various award ceremonies.
This page was last edited 29 March 2021. DH